Hapkido Beginners Check-List
- Visit the school and watch a class.
- Speak to the instructor, ask a lot of questions.
- Be satisfied of the instructor's experience, attitude, legitimate certification and that they are supervised (if under 4th dan black-belt). Don't be afraid to call the instructor's own teacher for a reference.
- Participate in a trial class.
- Be satisfied with the club's atmosphere and legitimate affiliation.
- Be satisfied that you are learning true and full Hapkido, not a patchwork of other martial arts or taekwondo trying to be Hapkido.
- Once you start, train hard and use every minute of training time effectively. Like life, you only get as much out of Hapkido as you put in.